A Maggie, uma pessoa tão contagiante como a sua gargalhada, e que de mim é diferente porque gosta de gatos e teve a coragem de fazer tattoos, mandou-me este link, para um texto muito interessante: as 15 Coisas de que deviamos abdicar.
Here is a list of 15 things which, if you give up on them, will make your life a lot easier and much, much happier. We hold on to so many things that cause us a great deal of pain, stress and suffering – and instead of letting them all go, instead of allowing ourselves to be stress free and happy – we cling on to them. Not anymore. Starting today we will give up on all those things that no longer serve us, and we will embrace change. Ready? Here we go:
1. Give up your need to always be right.There are so many of us who can’t stand the idea of being wrong – wanting to always be right – even at the risk of ending great relationships or causing a great deal of stress and pain, for us and for others. It’s just not worth it. Whenever you feel the ‘urgent’ need to jump into a fight over who is right and who is wrong, ask yourself this question: “Would I rather be right, or would I rather be kind?” Wayne Dyer. What difference will that make? Is your ego really that big?
Esta é fácil. Não sou pessoa de discutir à exaustão para ter razão a não ser que seja um tema com gravidade (vulgo, trabalho). A razão: aborreço-me. Não é a melhor justificação, mas é a verdadeira e ser-se honesto é uma virtude. Não tenho paciencia para discussões mesmo sabendo que tenho razão. É uma perda de tempo. (deve ser por isso que há um sacana de um poster da Tomb Raider na porta da cozinha!)
2. Give up your need for control. Be willing to give up your need to always control everything that happens to you and around you – situations, events, people, etc. Whether they are loved ones, coworkers, or just strangers you meet on the street – just allow them to be. Allow everything and everyone to be just as they are and you will see how much better will that make you feel.
“By letting it go it all gets done. The world is won by those who let it go. But when you try and try. The world is beyond winning.” Lao Tzu
Com os anos, esta também me passou. Acho que me devo ter ... aborrecido. Não tenho feitio para "mamãe" e já me basta aturar a minha sombra, não me apetece condicionar os demais. Na boa, a fluir!
3. Give up on blame. Give up on your need to blame others for what you have or don’t have, for what you feel or don’t feel. Stop giving your powers away and start taking responsibility for your life.
Só culpo os magros. Se não fossem eles eu ia à praia e não precisava de drunfes. Tirando isso, assumo as culpas do que faça de mal. E peço desculpa. E não me chateia. E quando o faço, faço-o convictamente. Mas a culpa é toda dos magros. Não os suporto!
4. Give up your self-defeating self-talk. Oh my. How many people are hurting themselves because of their negative, polluted and repetitive self-defeating mindset? Don’t believe everything that your mind is telling you – especially if it’s negative and self-defeating. You are better than that.“The mind is a superb instrument if used rightly. Used wrongly, however, it becomes very destructive.” Eckhart Tolle
Oi? Como? Pode repetir? NO COMPRENDO!
5. Give up your limiting beliefs about what you can or cannot do, about what is possible or impossible. From now on, you are no longer going to allow your limiting beliefs to keep you stuck in the wrong place. Spread your wings and fly!“A belief is not an idea held by the mind, it is an idea that holds the mind” Elly Roselle
Já custa tanto acordar e levantar-me, ainda acreditar e voar! Ó minha boa gente, pel'amordasanta!!!
6. Give up complaining. Give up your constant need to complain about those many, many, maaany things – people, situations, events that make you unhappy, sad and depressed. Nobody can make you unhappy, no situation can make you sad or miserable unless you allow it to. It’s not the situation that triggers those feelings in you, but how you choose to look at it. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking.
Fácil, de novo. Sou o meu proprio muro de lamentações. A culpa é minha. Sou um ser miserável. E dos magros mas já perdi essa causa.
7. Give up the luxury of criticism. Give up your need to criticize things, events or people that are different than you. We are all different, yet we are all the same. We all want to be happy, we all want to love and be loved and we all want to be understood. We all want something, and something is wished by us all.
Ser brega, pretensioso, exibicionista, intolerante, adepto do FCP, politico, cavaquista, ver telenovelas, ser intelectualmente sem ambições de querer saber mais e blogger-chulo não é ser diferente; logo são categorias passiveis de critica.
8. Give up your need to impress others. Stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not just to make others like you. It doesn’t work this way. The moment you stop trying so hard to be something that you’re not, the moment you take of all your masks, the moment you accept and embrace the real you, you will find people will be drawn to you, effortlessly.
Passo com distinção. Literalmente a borrifar-me para o que pensam ou digam de mim (desde que não sejam mentiras graves e/ou envolvam terceiros). Os meus vinculos emocioanais fortes estão formados, os restantes podem evoluir como podem cessar, sem grande ondas. Não tenho expectativa alguma sobre as pessoas.
9. Give up your resistance to change. Change is good. Change will help you move from A to B. Change will help you make improvements in your life and also the lives of those around you. Follow your bliss, embrace change – don’t resist it.
“Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls” Joseph Campbell
Resistir à mudança é uma treta. Mudar é bom (menos de casa, que ODEIO!!!)
10. Give up labels. Stop labeling those things, people or events that you don’t understand as being weird or different and try opening your mind, little by little. Minds only work when open.
“The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don’t know anything about.” Wayne Dyer
Aplica-se o argumento ponto 7. Não são etiquetas, são como fungos, digamos, logo, possiveis de rejeitar.
Se há quem sofra com a etiqueta - gorda - sou eu, portanto sei como elas mordem.
11. Give up on your fears. Fear is just an illusion, it doesn’t exist – you created it. It’s all in your mind. Correct the inside and the outside will fall into place.
“The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself.” Franklin D. Roosevelt
Há uns anos ensinaram-me: quem tem medo, compra um cão; se continuar com medo, compra outro. Cá continuo, sem um Golden Retriver. Mas já tive muito medo. Agora só espero que o cabrão que me infligiu medo um dia pague com o karma. Mas até disso perdi as esperanças.
12. Give up your excuses. Send them packing and tell them they’re fired. You no longer need them. A lot of times we limit ourselves because of the many excuses we use. Instead of growing and working on improving ourselves and our lives, we get stuck, lying to ourselves, using all kind of excuses – excuses that 99.9% of the time are not even real.
Não ir ao ginásio não é uma desculpa. É ter vergonha. Não me colidam com o sistema nervoso.
13. Give up the past. I know, I know. It’s hard. Especially when the past looks so much better than the present and the future looks so frightening, but you have to take into consideration the fact that the present moment is all you have and all you will ever have. The past you are now longing for – the past that you are now dreaming about – was ignored by you when it was present. Stop deluding yourself. Be present in everything you do and enjoy life. After all life is a journey not a destination. Have a clear vision for the future, prepare yourself, but always be present in the now.
Sem espinhas. Eu até apaguei o passado, praticamente. Nem fotografias vejo não vá dar-me para cortar os pulsos em seguida. O dia de amanhã é sempre diferente e, quem sabe, muito mais giro. Ou não. Mas é essa a piada.
14. Give up attachment. This is a concept that, for most of us is so hard to grasp and I have to tell you that it was for me too, (it still is) but it’s not something impossible. You get better and better at with time and practice. The moment you detach yourself from all things, (and that doesn’t mean you give up your love for them – because love and attachment have nothing to do with one another, attachment comes from a place of fear, while love… well, real love is pure, kind, and self less, where there is love there can’t be fear, and because of that, attachment and love cannot coexist) you become so peaceful, so tolerant, so kind, and so serene. You will get to a place where you will be able to understand all things without even trying. A state beyond words.
É verdadeiramente libertador. Experimentem. Ainda não encontrei a tolerância e a serenidade mas de facto o cortar amarras dá uma sensação muito diferente da vida.
15. Give up living your life to other people’s expectations. Way too many people are living a life that is not theirs to live. They live their lives according to what others think is best for them, they live their lives according to what their parents think is best for them, to what their friends, their enemies and their teachers, their government and the media think is best for them. They ignore their inner voice, that inner calling. They are so busy with pleasing everybody, with living up to other people’s expectations, that they lose control over their lives. They forget what makes them happy, what they want, what they need….and eventually they forget about themselves. You have one life – this one right now – you must live it, own it, and especially don’t let other people’s opinions distract you from your path.
Porra, eu não consigo viver face às minhas expectativas. Se me desse ao trabalho de pensar em colocar-me ao agrado dos outros então estava mesmo seriamente lixada com "F". Assim, estou só danificada.